244: Demolition



When Wang Cheng returned to the Zhou house, he found that the Zhou Lin mother and son were both there. He guessed that the reason his grandfather suddenly called him back was probably related to them, but he didn't know exactly what it was.

The Zhou steward walked over after he sat down and asked, "Master Cheng, I see you have just come back. The kitchen just cooked some taro ball soup. Would you like a bowl?"

"Has Grandpa eaten?" Wang Cheng asked.

"Master has eaten, he ate two bowls."

Wang Cheng was surprised: "Grandpa has such a good appetite? That taro ball soup must be delicious. Save me two bowls, I will eat it later."

The Zhou steward responded with a smile, and then went to the kitchen to give such orders.

Zhou Shichang laughed and said: "Your grandpa’s appetite is good all thanks to you. My body has really improved a lot since learning the health boxing you taught me. The minor problems I usually have are all gone, and I walk a lot more steadily than before. When I meet my old friends, they all say that your grandpa looks better than before."

Since learning health boxing, he practiced for half an hour to an hour every morning. At first, the effect was not obvious, but after half a month, he felt as if there was a warm current in his body. After a full month, he felt even more obvious changes.

"Then congratulations to Grandpa. I was originally still worried that the effect would not be too obvious. Grandpa must remember to regularly exercise, then you will definitely be able to extend your life in the future. As long as you are well and have no problems, everyone will be very happy." With that said, Wang Cheng was actually not surprised at this result.

Zhou Shichang said with a smile, "Have you taught those two?"

Wang Cheng knew that his grandfather was talking about Chu Yifeng's grandparents, so he nodded. "I have already taught them. That elderly couple had gone on vacation a while ago, so it took a while for me to teach them."

Zhao Chenlin saw Zhou Cheng enter the door and chat with his grandfather about other things; the scene was too damn harmonious and warm. He found it particularly dazzling, and couldn't help but want to get to the point. As soon as he was about to speak, Zhou Lin held his hand and gestured for him to stay calm and not be so irritable.

Seeing her son calm down, Zhou Lin looked at Wang Cheng with a smile and said, "Chengcheng, since the effect of this health boxing is so good, you should teach your aunt someday.”

"My aunt is so busy at work, but if you can make time to get up and practice every day, I will definitely teach you." Wang Cheng didn’t mind performing false pleasantries with her.

"I can always squeeze in time," Zhou Lin said. "Since you took over Yazhi, I have one less thing to worry about and I’m not as busy as before and have more time. However, I didn’t think that after taking over Yazhi, you’d still have time to be a part-time model. We’ve seen the photos. I didn’t realize, but you are quite suitable as a model."

As soon as Wang Cheng heard this, he knew that the main point of his visit was coming. "I think my aunt has misunderstood. I’m not a part-time model. Yazhi has so many problems, solving them one by one takes up most of my time. How would I have the time to be a model?"

When Zhao Chenlin heard that Wang Cheng opposed it, his face grew a little ugly, but it was not very obvious.

Zhou Lin’s was relatively clever, and she smiled as if she didn’t understand the meaning of Wang Cheng’s words: "No? I also saw that you worked as a model for Hongye Studio, all the photos came out in the newspaper. That album is still sold in limited quantities by Hongye Studio. If you didn't model in them, how could it appear in the album?"

"It's a long story." Wang Cheng casually crossed his legs. "Master Paul coincidentally hit it off with me and liked me very much. He said that by putting on clothes he designed, I could inspire him, and hoped that I could let him take a few photos. Does my aunt have a problem with this?"

"I don’t have a problem with it, but well, you are still part of the Zhou family anyway, don’t forget your identity," Zhou Lin said euphemistically.

Wang Cheng chuckled, "I don’t agree with what my aunt says. First of all, I don’t think modeling is a shameful profession. Wasn’t there a saying in ancient times that went ‘there are three hundred and sixty trades, be number one in your trade*’? Let alone in the 21st century. Secondly, Master Paul is not an ordinary person, and his influence in the fashion industry should be known to my aunt. There are only benefits and no harm in joining with such a big person, am I right? Or, in the eyes of my aunt, is Master Paul not worth talking about?"

[T/N: a saying that means that you will excel in whatever path (career-wise) you take as long as you love your job. Also means that there are champions in each line of business.]

Zhou Lin gave a dry laugh, "Really? I said only one sentence, but you try to contradict with ten. You know that your aunt doesn’t mean that. It’s just that the action you took is a bit loud. Since this matter is good for Yazhi, how can you let others take the initiative? People outside are now saying that Yazhi bullies others, and Yazhi has presently fallen into a passive state."

These words alluded to Wang Cheng's improper management, and also implied that he was inadequate.

Wang Cheng suddenly sighed suddenly.

Zhou Lin was confused by his sigh and asked, "Why are you sighing?"

"There is a reason for this. Originally, I didn't want to mention it, but since my aunt took the initiative to bring it up, I have to say it," Wang Cheng said.

Zhou Lin said: "If it’s about this matter, directly say it."

Wang Cheng smiled and turned to Zhou Shichang. "Grandpa, I remember you said that after Yazhi Media was given to me, I was solely responsible for it, and no one else should interfere, right?"

"That's what Grandpa said."

Zhou Shichang had been silently listening to them just now; no one else knew what he was thinking. Now when he heard his grandson suddenly involve him, a smile flashed in his eyes.

Zhou Lin immediately became vigilant when she saw this.

"The news about Yazhi being targeted was published in newspapers and on the Internet. All of this was dominated by a behind-the-scenes pusher. The other party knows Yazhi's situation very well, and even knows some important information, so I could only suspect that an employee of Yazhi stole the information."

Hearing this, Zhao Chenlin felt his heart skip a beat. Should Wang Cheng know about that matter? It should be impossible. He had never contacted that person again, and also followed up that that person had left Yazhi afterwards.

Wang Cheng glanced at him and said, "Fortunately, I had made preparations beforehand and finally caught the employee. His name is Ma Daxing. He said that someone had given him money and instructed him to steal information. Therefore, I set up a trap, and let Ma Daxing call and tell the person who instigated him that he had important information to give him. They contacted him through email. I happen to know a cyber hacker and asked him to help me track the email address. Finally, that person was caught by me."

After speaking, Wang Cheng gave Zhao Chenlin a smile. Zhao Chenlin's expression had already gone stiff.

Zhou Lin only now noticed that her son’s appearance was a bit strange. Thinking of Wang Cheng’s behavior, her face changed and she immediately recalled what her son had said to her last time. She hadn’t known of this matter from beginning to end.

"The email address might not be that person’s; I heard that with the current technology, it is easy to forge an address."

Wang Cheng smiled slightly, "Aunt, what you said is strange. I haven't even said who it is. Why are you already saying that I’m mistaken? Do you know who the messenger behind the scenes is? If not, your thinking is too strange, the average person would be asking who it is."

Zhou Lin's expression was very unnatural. After she finished speaking, she realized that she had been too impatient. Now that Wang Cheng had caught the handle of the knife, he would definitely not give up. "You’re thinking too much, how could I know the messenger behind the scenes? I just happened to remember that some news I had seen on TV before was a bit similar to what you were saying."

"Really? Don’t worry, aunt, my method can’t be wrong, because I know this person. The conversation between him and Ma Daxing had been heard by everyone present at the time, and his voice just happens to match with someone I know. My aunt also knows this person: he is my cousin, your son.”

"Impossible, Chenlin wouldn’t do such a thing,” Zhou Lin immediately retorted. Though she knew that it was all her son’s doing, she continued to say to Zhou Shichang: "Father, I think there must be some kind of misunderstanding. Chenlin would never do this."

Zhou Shichang wore a calm face.

Wang Cheng said: “If aunt doesn’t believe it, find evidence opposing it. I really don’t know what my cousin was thinking when he was harming Yazhi, but as a Zhou family member, I really don’t agree with his methods. I believe he needs to give me an explanation, don’t you say, cousin?"

Zhao Chenlin squeezed his hands into fists. He had originally wanted to take this opportunity to make Wang Cheng embarrassed in front of his grandfather, but didn't expect Wang Cheng to join the battle against him. It must have been a while since that incident, but he still held the evidence in his hand and didn't use it. He must have been waiting for this moment.

"I..."

"Actually, Chenlin didn't do this thing, it was me," Zhou Lin suddenly said.

Wang Cheng was a little astonished, "Aunt should know what she's talking about. I know that you eagerly love your son, but protecting my cousin in such an ignorant way..."

"I’m not protecting Chenlin."

Zhou Lin interrupted him. In the next second, she regretfully looked at Zhou Shichang and reproached: "Father, I knew that you wanted to use Yazhi Media to train him. I understood your painstaking efforts, and that’s why I also wanted to do this kind of thing to help you, Father. My original intention was to temper him and make him a person who could support the overall situation. I had already thought about this. If Chengcheng hadn’t solved these things by then, I wouldn’t let Yazhi suffer any losses; I was ready as the second line of defense. As for the mailbox, I used Chenlin’s mailbox. He didn’t know anything about this. The person who was talking with Ma Daxing on the phone was hired by me. I didn’t expect their voices to be similar."

All of a sudden, the evil intentions were turned into good intentions. Zhou Lin was also worthy of being a veteran who had worked hard in the market for many years, as she was very capable of adapting to changes.

"Aunt is really too kind. It's my first time hearing of this theory. Let's assume that what you said is right, then I have a question for my aunt."

You have Zhang Liang; I have a ladder over the wall*. Wang Cheng had collected this information for some time, so the nonsense that Zhou Lin temporarily compiled was unlikely to be flawless.

[T/N: Zhang Liang = strategist. Means that though someone has a powerful strategy, they themselves have a way to deal with it.]

"What's the problem?" Zhou Lin asked nervously.

Wang Cheng smiled and said: "Aunt, don't be nervous. I just want to know, did you still use the computer in my cousin's company when you used my cousin's mailbox?"

Zhou Lin immediately explained: "At that time, I happened to be looking for Chenlin, but he was not there. Ma Daxing told me that the information had been sent to the mailbox, so I used his computer. I didn't expect you to misunderstand."

Wang Cheng finally smiled.

Zhao Chenlin's expression changed, but it was too late to stop her at this time. "Sorry, aunt. I know you want to protect my cousin, but my cousin is already an adult. Since he made the mistake, I think he should be brave enough to bear it. By the way, the address I found was not my cousin’s computer in the company, it was his computer in this house."

Zhou Lin didn't expect that Wang Cheng would win in the end, he even directly disproved her argument!

Zhou Shichang's face grew very ugly and his stern eyes fell on Zhao Chenlin, who paled. "Chenlin, is what your cousin said true? You actually bought a Yazhi employee to deliberately make trouble for him? Are these things the only thing you’ve learned throughout the years?"

"Father, Chenlin didn't mean it." Zhou Lin still wanted to defend her son.

"You be quiet, I'm asking him, not you," Zhou Shichang said sharply.

Zhao Chenlin's face turned pale; his mentality was weak and he finally collapsed when Zhou Shichang spoke. His eyes turned red when he looked towards Wang Cheng. "Yes, I did it. Grandpa, you are too partial - I am your grandson, too, but in your eyes only Zhou Cheng seems to be your grandson. Why? There’s no reason he should get everything. He just joined the company not long ago, but you not only arranged for someone to take him under their wing and teach him how to manage the company, you even let him be responsible for Yazhi. When I joined the company, you didn't pay any attention to me at all. I am so unreconciled!”

"It seems that you haven't realized what you have done wrong if you really think this. Your grandpa has nothing to say, you only think about yourself."

Zhou Shichang was very disappointed with Zhao Chenlin at that moment.

Zhou Lin knew that the situation was bad, and hurriedly explained: "Father, don't take this to heart. Chenlin is frightened and confused, but this incident was definitely not his intention. Chenlin, why don't you apologize to your grandpa?"

Her voice was a bit sharp, so Zhao Chenlin's brain that was overcome by anger and hatred suddenly calmed down. Thinking of what she just said, he suddenly fell into a cold sweat and knelt on the ground with a thump. He panicked and said: "Grandpa, I was wrong, I shouldn’t have said that. All of that was because of my own jealousy. I know I was wrong. Grandpa, please forgive me, I swear I’ll never dare to do such a thing again.”

***

Comments